Game Overview: B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th
Feel the power of really flying a B-17! See what it was like to be part of the 10-man crew on dangerous bombing missions over occupied Europe. Outstanding graphics, animations, and sounds realistically recreate every aspect of the strategic air war in WWII.
Fly a variety of aircraft from the legendary B-17 to the rugged escort fighters – you can even fight “The Mighty Eight” in the role of a German Luftwaffe pilot!
Take to the skies in any one of ten B-17 Flying fortress crew positions:
Pilot, Co-Pilot, Navigator, Bombadier/Chin Turret Gunner, Radio Operator, Engineer/Top Turret Gunner, Port Waist Gunner, Starboard Waist Gunner, Ball Gunner and Tail Gunner!
Strap yourself in, fire up the engines and get ready for high-flying adventure!
- All aircraft are beautifully rendered and astoundingly real
- Fly highly detailed flight models of the American B-17G bomber, P-38 Lightning, P-51 Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt and the German Bf 109, Fw 190 and ME 262 fighters
- Take to the skies in “Quick Start” missions with available Instant Action mode
- Carry out a realistic 25-mission tour of duty based on historically accurate scenarios and targets
- Plan real missions, select authentic flying formations and manage both crews and bombers
- Experience breathtaking air combat sequences using a myriad of special views
- Take total control: Take-off and land massive bombers, shoot from various crew positions, navigate across a realistically mapped Europe, operate the radio, line up the bomb run, release the bombs and bail out if necessary
- Assess you crew’s strengths and skills to effectively re-position member to cope with wounded aircrew
December 13th, 2000