Bubsy Two-Fur takes Steam by storm on December 17th after hugely successful Greenlight Campaign. What could possibly go wrong?
Retroism re-releases the notorious 90s platformer mascot with his first authorized revival in nearly 20 years
LOS ANGELES, CA (December 16, 2015) – Retroism today announced December 17, 2015 as the release of Bubsy Two-Fur, a compilation of 90s platformer Bubsy’s first two games, on Steam.
Bubsy Two-Fur is the authorized digital download version of Bubsy’s first two games, and the first official Bubsy release since 1997.
The Bubsy Two-Fur features:
- Faithful emulation of the SNES version of both games packaged together in a single executable, letting you relive the games in their original glory smoothly on modern machines.
- Save anywhere, any time: 9 available save slots per game so you can make your own checkpoints any place or time you want, meaning no need to type in passwords to restore your progress.
- Two controllers can be configured for keyboard or game pads for co-op and competitive local multiplayer in Bubsy II.
- ‘Paws’ the emulation at any time to help you save or load the game at the exact frame you want.
- Steam Trading Cards featuring exquisite Bubsy comic book art.
“We were overwhelmed and delighted by the huge response from fans to the Bubsy Two-Fur Steam Greenlight campaign,” said Jonathan Wan, CEO of Retroism’s parent company Tommo, Inc. “We’re thrilled to begin Bubsy’s revival by bringing his first two SNES platformers to Steam. We hope those with fond memories will find them even better than they remembered or expected.”
A small band of anti-Bubsy Protesters forming outside the Retroism offices have not released an official statement at this time, but they do not seem pleased.
Bubsy Two-Fur will be available for digital download on Steam for PC, premiering with a launch discount at $3.99 (20% off the normal $4.99 price).
Bubsy Two-Fur is viewable on Steam at: http://store.steampowered.com/app/426630/
In commemoration of this momentous occasion, Bubsy insisted that T-shirts be made, which are now available at amazon.com/retroism.
The trailer for Bubsy Two-Fur is viewable at: https://youtu.be/Q8_ZnPVBYNo
Screenshots and additional media assets are available at: http://bit.ly/bubsy_media
Retroism is a haven for timeless games, bringing classic games from all-time great brands and publishers like MicroProse, Accolade, Spectrum Holobyte, Atari, Infogrames and many more to today’s gamers on Retroism.com and through the hottest digital download sites like Steam, GOG.com, Amazon, Walmart.com and more.
About Tommo, Inc.
Tommo was founded in Los Angeles California in 1990 and today is a premier worldwide publisher, distributor, licensor and brand owner of new and classic entertainment software. Tommo publishes software under its own brands (Humongous Entertainment, Retroism) and for partners at the world’s most popular gaming destinations including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Steam, GOG.com, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and at over 100 additional online and brick and mortar partners.
For more information on Tommo, Inc., visit tommo.com.