Game Overview: System Shock Enhanced Edition
You’re a renowned hacker, the most notorious cyberspace thief in the corporate world. Caught during a risky break-in, you become indentured to Diego, a greedy Trioptium exec who bankrolls a rare cyberjack implant operation. After six months in a healing coma, you awaken to the twisted aftermath of a terrible disaster. Where are the surgeons? Why is the station in such disrepair? Slowly, the chilling realization that something is very wrong creeps over you.
Once a prime corporate research facility, Citadel now teems with mindless cyborgs, robots and terribly mutated beings, all programmed to serve SHODAN, a ruthless A.I. There’s scarcely time to think before it unleashes the first terror…
Exactly twenty one years after its first release, System Shock is back!
The Enhanced Edition adds a modern touch to this true classic gem, without taking anything from its unmistakable atmosphere.
See for yourself that the game that has been called the benchmark for intelligent first-person gaming, has lost nothing of its ability to keep you on the edge of your seat.
System Shock: Enhanced Edition features:
– Higher resolution support: up to 1024×768, and 854×480 widescreen mode.
– Mouselook support added.
– Remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and lefthanded controls.
– Some original game bugs fixed.
- Rocket through cyberspace to steal information, hack security and grapple with watchdog defense programs enslaved to a maniacal computer.
- Survive battle after battle against armies of killer cyborgs and deadly robots as you collect hardware attachments, life-sustaining patches and deadly weapons to combat mindless mutants.
- Test your intelligence by solving puzzles, rewiring access panels and outwitting SHODAN in its own cyber-realm.
- Enjoy the vastly improved controls and graphics of the Enhanced Edition – or keep your experience as close to the original as possible with the Classic version.
September 22nd, 1994
Looking Glass Studios
First Person Shooter
Night Dive Studios